'Twas Brillig

Whiffling through the Tulgey Wood...

News Flash!!!
It is being widely reported that Brillig has been spotted somewhere other than her store, her home or Michael's!! How shocking!!! Our Chief Correspondant had THIS to say about the eventful and unexpected sighting..... :)

Good food, great people, lovely arts and crafts...and wine! Who could ask for anything more!

Craftiness abounds...I have committed to the Creative Everyday Challenge for 2009 in order to keep it going and keep it fresh! Some days it is hard to keep it going but as long as I work on something every day, then it is a day well spent. I can't believe I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living.

Yesterday I was doubly crafty...first in florals and then in jewelry. Here's a look at what I did:


My creation from Jodi's Art Play Night...

An old world style floral design on a ceramic pendant, strung with blue apatite, tiger's eye, riverstone, jet with picasso bricks and Montana, Smoky Topaz and Lt Colorado Topaz Swarovski crystals.


A companion necklace of 2 complimentary strands is in the works to layer with this piece or they can be worn separately! You choose how much necklace you want to wear!






And your first peek of Spring at 'Twas Brillig!
Cheery cherry blossoms, tiny red ranunculus blooms, fluffy pussy willows nestled into the tender fresh green leaves of springtime...
Definitely a nod to Valentine's Day as well!
The days are getting longer again and I'm longing for Spring. It's officially a mere 70 days away but here in Southern Pines the first delightful harbingers will be pushing their way from the ground in a matter of weeks. There is a patch of "February Gold" daffodils in the front yard of the owner of a local garden shop. I look forward to seeing them sprout every year!
I'm not trying to rush Mother Nature but Winter is definitely not my thing.

2 Uffish Thoughts:

I'm glad we were able to pull you away from your lovely store for the Art Play Night--it was a lot of fun. I LOVE the necklaces you designed, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Can't wait to see the new set up over at Brillig! Here's to a prosperous and creative New Year!

Hello! Found you through Creative Every Day. I, too, am a jewelry designer and also playing along! You made a beautiful necklace here. I love to see what people can do when they are given an invitation to play. Keep on creating and Enjoy the Day!
Erin, TesoriTrovati